Stingray and a stocking question??????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

miketyler

AC Members
Apr 24, 2007
Hystrix
Well heres my question I have a 7inch hystrix had him for awile I have a 180 gallon tank with
1 9 inch Bala shark
1 20 inch fire eel
4 silver dollar
5 gouramis
3 beta
3 rams
1 pleco small
I have a magnum 350 filter cycles up to a hunred gallon tank and i have 2 aquaclear 300 it cycles the tank about 5 1/4 times now is this tank overstocked or is it ok can i add more fish to it or is that enough?
thanks for your time

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
yeah it is overstocked and improperly stocked. Your stingray, bala shark, and fire eel will kill the rest of your fish.

Also, stingray need more than 180g aquariums.

miketyler

AC Members
Apr 24, 2007
Ive really only add the bala shark three days ago and nobodies died yet in 3 months they all really get along i just wanted to know if it was just overstocked i do water changes every 3, 4 days

miketyler

AC Members
Apr 24, 2007
forgot to tell ya I did do research on my ray before i bought him and the tank is big enough!!!!!

Last edited:

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I agree your tank is very improperly stocked and the stingray needs a bigger tank. i also agree the eel, bala, and sting are going to eat every1 else, plz dont argue i know a guy who argued that firebelly newts and toads wont eat each other + that their toxins are the same. when he tried it, he ended with half a newt and a poison-killed toad :rolleyes:

miketyler

AC Members
Apr 24, 2007
first of all my tank is big enough do some research on hystrix stingrays and you will see your self. did you want me to post some links there are several i can post that say that it is big enough I can post at least 20!!!!! second you might be right the ray might eat whatever it can fit in the mouth but he hasnt and ive had him for several months along with these fish so until now the only casuallty ive had is a clown loach in a power filter

miketyler

AC Members
Apr 24, 2007
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store