Poll On Better Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
Whats a better Cichlid For a 20 gallon Long Tank. (To Breed)

Kribensis
Convict
Green Terror
Johanni Mbuna
Electric Yellow Hap
Jaguar
Gold Sevum
Red Devil

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I'm going to eliminate a few for breeding in a 20 gallon for you--these are obviously too large to be bred in a 20 gallon:

Green Terror
Jaguar
Gold SevERum
Red Devil

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
Thank You

Thank you for your reply i was wondering what would be a better combination for a community tank of cichlids or also or just for breeding.

Thanks Again

demon_surfer

MooOOoOOOoO
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
a few africans from Lake Malawi could live reasonably comfortably in that tank for a while. and lake tanganika shell dwellers could for life. A couple of convits could live in a 20 galloner happily for life i THINK..though one on its own may be better. Kribs i dont know much about but they do stay small but you may be able to make a community of them...if so you would want a few females and one male.

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
Johanni

Isn't the Johanni From the same region as the others like the Electric yellow and krib? Whould he be comfortable in the same tank with the Others i just listed?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Let's talk about the size of the tank. I realize that you have called it a 20 gallon, but there are multiple 20 gallon dimensions, so we'd need to know some exact numbers in order to go further.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
My bad, I didn't see the 20 gallon long in the top. That was what I needed to know.

You can somewhat reasonably stock a 20 long as if it were a 29 standard, but that needs to be modified a little bit...the pollution levels of the Cichlids would be the same, they'd just get the 29g surface area for aeration.

I would think that you could stock it like a 25 gallon for Cichlids, but I would have to have someone confirm it, as I'm now delving deep into the realm of theory.

Someone else will hopefully be able to run with that.

Matthew

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store