stomatella snail reproduction?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
one of my snails climbed to the tallest peak in the tank and began squirting out little bubbles/eggs of some sort. He did this for about a minute. They shot out of his body somewhere on his back I think. They blew off into the current.

Could these have been eggs? Am I gonna have babies all over the place? I know they reproduce well. Is this how its done? hehe. Thanks !!!

divecarl

Go Dive have Fun
Apr 23, 2007
Sale, England
yes this is how they reproduce i had the same thing a couple of days ago and posted a very similar question as i was also unsure what the snail was as it just appeared off some LR

jayghmi

Senior Member Wannabe
Feb 3, 2007
Western Michigan
I have several that do this at once -eggs and then sperm that looks like smoke signals. It's wierd they will all do it at once in different parts of the tank.Yes I have a ton of them in my tank and my glass is very clean. I just brush them off the front glass.

They will dissapate after a month or so to a comfortable level - at least mine did. Jay

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store