Pumpkin seed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cbster

AC Members
Nov 16, 2003
Freeburg, IL
I was thinking about putting 3 Pumpkin seed and maybe a couple of crawdads in a 75 gallon tank is there any other combination of native Illinois species anyone can think of that would work better?

Darter02

Cool Beans!
Feb 4, 2007
Greensburg, PA
www.myspace.com
I kept a native species paludarium for a number of years. In it I had one Pumpkinseed. I started with two, but they contantly fought over territory. I also kept a number of different Darter species (hence my nickname).

Feel free to buzz me for more info. I did a posting on it somewhere else and would be happy to forward you the link.

Here are a few old snap shots of the tank.

Yankee Dog

AC Members
Dec 28, 2006
Somerville, AL
The darters are cool, but they will end up as food if you put them in with the sunfish. You need to choose one way or the other. You can put other NON-sunfish species in with the sunfish but they need to be of similiar size.

Be careful with the crawfish. They are way cool but they have some bad habits. they will sometimes kill and eat your fish, for certain the small fish but sometime large ones as well. Crawfish like to dig. They can mess up plants and substrates. They are also escape artists. Make sure you have a tight lid.

Yankee Dog

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store