neon tetra, cardinal tetra and caridina

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sprooch

Registered Member
Apr 27, 2007
Netherland
hello,

I'm new here and beginner. I just started freshwater tank with neon tetra and cardinal tetra around a month ago. I'm very glad that they're still in a good condition now (coz' some people said that neon tetra is a bad choice for beginner).

I have a question dealing with my fish. Is it a good choice if I add some caridina species in my fish tank? coz' I read somewhere that tetras eat brine shrimps etc...

my tank:
5 neon tetra
4 cardinal tetra
36 liters / 9.51 gallons
3 water plants
some stones
gravels

thanks.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
amano shrimp?

they should be okay..most tetras have small mouths..they have a bit of trouble munching down adult brine shrimp..which don't get as big as amano

tjr635

AC Members
Jun 4, 2006
From what i have seen my neons where REAL easy for me , they went threw me learning in a 20 gal hex, they are now over 2 " , an where moved to my 75 gal tank an are doing very well along with 2 Carninals, but Cardinals are a lot harder, my main fish shop will not even carry em, have to get em from pet smart ,Gez ,lol . i can never get em to live a week , but i'm learning to feed them before in get then from the tank at pet smart , got 3 to live outta 6 , been in there a week now , an i have been feeding them Star kist crab meat , they love it , small amounts , thats how i got these last 3 to make it . So hard to take an transfer these guys. The main shop i go to will not even stock em . I asked him why? , his response was, cause they die ,lmao. This my species of choice, an am going to learn how to breed em. Been reading everything i can find on them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store