how to feed blind Powder Blue Tangs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vhx5438

AC Members
Oct 13, 2006
I think my powder blue just went blind last night due to ICH, as I am trying to cure him. so here is the question, how do I feed him and with out the over feeding....???:sad:

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
I am not sure, but I don't think fish need their sight to find their food. I think the tang will eat as if he were not blind.

Germanman

My fish are my babies
fish hunt with smell and sight..should eb able to find food still. please list of ur water qualities to us and tank size as well as tank mates. they need meaty foods, algae, and supplements like selcon in their diet to do well, powder blues are very sensitive. a garlic product would help boost immune system as well.

vhx5438

AC Members
Oct 13, 2006
I did put some garlic extreme in the water but I think it might be blocking his sense of smell, He is not eating right now. He is in a 20g quarantine tank now I am lowering the salinity level and plus kick ich trying kill the ich, I hope this won’t cause too much stress for him. ( still don’t what is the best way to kill marine ich, they seem very tough, I ran the UV and kick ich for almost 2-3-weeks and see no improvement in my main tank)

Quarantine tank—20 gal
Ammonia --- 0 ppm
Nitrite --- 0 ppm
Nitrate --- less than 5 ppm
PH ---8.3
Salinity --- 1.018 and going lower to maybe 1.010
250w heater at 78°F
80W power compact
Bio wheel 350 hang on filter

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
vhx5438- I just sent you a PM (upper righthand side of the page). I wish you well and really hope that your Powder Blue pulls through.

:)

vhx5438

AC Members
Oct 13, 2006
vhx5438- I just sent you a PM (upper righthand side of the page). I wish you well and really hope that your Powder Blue pulls through.

:)
Thank you for sharing your experience with me, it’s really helpful. I will try to do whatever I can to fight this ich thing just hope that my tang don't give up ^_^, I will keep everyone here updated…..Thank you

vhx5438

AC Members
Oct 13, 2006
here are some of the Pic of my powder blue tonight....70% of the ich went away this morning, but when I got home 50% of them came back :confused: I think I am going to lower the salinity level a little more. I did put some brine shrimp egg in the tank..so my tang will have someting to eat when it hatches...............

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

mike_nikki

Aquaholic
Apr 4, 2007
St. Cloud
Sorry to hear about your tang :( i just wanted to ask a question though..you can add brine shirp eggs right to the aquarium? i guess as long as you dont have fry that would choke on them? just wondering cause i hatch them in a 1 gal, then take the eggs out and then pour the brine babies in the tank for my fish....am i doing this the hard way?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store