Having Trouble with Angel Eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

04cobratorchred

AC Members
Mar 8, 2005
I am having all kinds of trouble raising my eggs now. Before about 6 months ago everything was fine and 95-100% of the eggs would hatch but now I am doing everything the same and I only get about 10% and will sometimes kill the whole batch. My problem is after they spawn on the slate I pull it out and put it in a 2 1/2 gallon tank but right as I put the air stone under the eggs to fan them it keeps knocking the eggs off and I am running the air stone very slowly with the help of my check valve. After it knocks the eggs off they all turn white 12 or so hrs later. I also add meth blue and another med to prevent egg fungus to the water. So my question is why are the eggs not sticking to the slate like they use to. i have 3 pairs and they are all doing this. Also what can i do to prevent this? Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks

Mark

cweg71

Learn to swim....
Jun 28, 2006
Virginia
My experience

WHen I raised angel, I would do the following. Mine would spawn on a broad leaf like sword or java fern. After fertilisation by the male, I would wait about a day ( if the parents didnt try to eat them right away) and clip the plant and move it to my 10 gal rearing tank. I treated my water with maricide or mar-oxy, i cant remeber-for fungus. I never used an airstone. Just a 10 gal with small power filter--no carbon. Also do not expose to air for any more than a few seconds. I found any longer and they turn white. I think mabey from the rapid cooling.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
is the airstone placed so the bubbles are not in direct contact with the eggs?

Methylene blue is a fungicide to use but stop use when the egs hatch..(you can also use H2O2(hydrogenperoxide) as a fungicide.

keep in mind that the pair spawn may diminish if they spawn every two weeks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store