Which T5 s to get???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jexai

Hermit
Apr 13, 2003
UK
marine.jexai.co.uk
I'm looking at getting some of these newish T5's, but there is such a range of choices I don't know which to choose.
The electronic ballast is easy, they all do the same thing basically, it's the lights themselves I am stuck on ....

Blue - should I get Narva blue or Arcadia Blue Atinic

White - should I get Starcoat VHO 6500k or Arcadia White 9500k

I assume the blues are both basically the same, but what exactly is the difference between 6500k & 9500k, at the moment I am using Hagen T8 powerglo's 18000k (white) and T8 Marineglo's (blue).

Will the T5's be much better, any ideas would be great. :confused:

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Well, I am not the product expert, but the 6500 lights will tend to be more subdued, and happier for corals. The 9500 is a whiter light, meaning it will look brighter in the tank, but the photosynthesizing critters won't have as much usable light. (I think. I've been known to get things backward).

Jexai

Hermit
Apr 13, 2003
UK
marine.jexai.co.uk
Thanks... looks like I will be getting the 6500 then, I will be keeping the T8 power-glo aswell so that will help brighten the tank.

My only other question is - what is the difference between Narva Blue & Atinic, or are they the same thing basically?

Cheers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store