What materials would you suggest?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cmartin

Extra tanks - no place to setup :(
Mar 14, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I would like to build a 'cave' for my Black Ghost Knife. He has currently taken up residence in a tank decoration that is supposed to be an old piece of tree root but is made of plastic. It is hollow and has lots of entry ways. He has lots of room for the next while, but I would like to give him something a little better than just a black tube when he outgrows his current apartment.

I would really like to build sort of a tunnel - open at both ends - and large enough that it accommadate the BGK at full size.

My question is:

What materials should I use?

Rock, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A clear plastic tube so you can still see him.

cmartin

Extra tanks - no place to setup :(
Mar 14, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I have a clear plastic tube - it is many times bigger than the BGK at the moment - not sure it would give him the feeling of being in a tube. He checked out the tank and has moved into a decoration :) .

Also, I have some planting started, but they are not big enough to really block the light - my understanding it that BGK do not like the light and will try to find a 'dark' place to hang out.

I looked at darkened tubes but if I can't see him in there anyway, I may as well just build something that looks like it belongs in the tank. I am just not sure what materials to use.

OgreMkV

Father of Earth's Next Emperor
Apr 26, 2007
Port Arthur, TX
ogremkv.wordpress.com
Try putting the clear tube next to the glass of the tank, then covering over everything else with rock (attached with silicone) or something like that. At least you could see him that way.

It's a pretty fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store