yellow tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
hi guys just a wee post to say ive bought myself a yellow tang....the fish that convinced me to spend all this money on my set up.....i have 3 blue chromis and a pair of pecular clowns which are all thriving.....been feeding them brine shrimp,mysis.krill.squid,aquarian marine flakes and spiritula algae flakes which are all taken readly by the tang....will this be a good enough diet for him....also ive plenty algae on the back of the tank which he picks at...i love this fish hes a truely awesome looking :)

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
I dont know about yellows but I feed my tangs Formula Variety Pack, some brine as a "snack" and a big piece of seaweed before I go to bed. I usually feed 2X per day (not including snack IF I decided they need one) and they seem to be doing just fine. I will be soaking the seaweed in garlic just b/c I want a stronger ammune system for them. My g/f loves feeding them since just about everyfish eats from her hand. Its really sweet to watch the freenzy. I will be experimenting with "people" food as soon as 5xevy gets back to me on how well his tangs did with his experimenting ;)

missc4

Fishy love
Mar 14, 2007
VA
Hey Saltydunc,,I know what you mean the yellow tang is what made me wont saltwater myself.I just got my yellow tang today and I love it.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
hi guys just a wee post to say ive bought myself a yellow tang....the fish that convinced me to spend all this money on my set up.....i have 3 blue chromis and a pair of pecular clowns which are all thriving.....been feeding them brine shrimp,mysis.krill.squid,aquarian marine flakes and spiritula algae flakes which are all taken readly by the tang....will this be a good enough diet for him....also ive plenty algae on the back of the tank which he picks at...i love this fish hes a truely awesome looking :)
Personally, i think you are feeding a very good variety in the fish's diet as long as there is always some algae available on a clip for the tang, which say already...So, its a thumbs up from me...:thm:

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
I'd feed little less of the meaty foods and a little more of the spirulina and a little more nori/algae sheets/seaweed. Of course they're pretty willing to eat anything thrown in the tank.

:D

I will be experimenting with "people" food as soon as 5xevy gets back to me on how well his tangs did with his experimenting ;)
I know! I'm doing it tomorrow, I swear. :D

Looking for a new car and running all over the place. Too tired (lazy?) to come home and blanch vegetables. LOL. Will do tomorrow- definitely won't forget.

:coffee2: (don't think I've ever used the coffee one before...always see it on CPK's sig though)

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
no worries 5xevy we all have lives, Have you ever noticed that on spirulina brine shrimp and regular brine the reg brine has more protein percentage than the spirulina? Its also high in something else. This is the SF bay brand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store