LFS in your area.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NapoliNewJersey

-=o=-l-=o=-l-=o=-l-=o=
Mar 14, 2007
web.mac.com
I wanted to start a thread about LFS' that you trust and post the names and town that they are in. I noticed some people on here are from NJ and I'm sure I would take a ride if they had a place that they trusted. Not sure but if you want to throw a name of a store you don't trust, go for it.

Good
Aquatic Obsessions. On St. George Ave in Avenel, New Jersey. Great guys/Good prices/Bad salesmen (they talk me out of everything - it's a good thing because if they didn't I would have had made some bad choices.) I guess that makes them good business men.

Bad
Animals and Things. Also in Avenel/Woodbridge.Dirty and they hire kids that have no idea what they are talking about.

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
Pets Plus - Trenton - Good selection of cichlids, saltwater is decent. They have a pretty knowledgable staff and can order anything you want. Good live rock also.

Precious Pets - Ewing - Decent store. Selection can be lagging though.

Pets Plus - Langhorne, PA. this is only 10 minutes off i-95 over the delaware river. this store is great, by far the best within 20 minutes of me. They have a sick collection of coral frags, saltwater fish, and freshwater fish. i don't have much experience with the staff, but the selection is unmatched so far. They have alot of tanks in the store too. one tank is like 1000+ gallons.

BIGgourami

One With the Fish
Apr 30, 2007
rolling meadows,IL
used to go to Coral Paradise in AH, but they closed recently(too bad too they were GREAT!)
petland
and aquarium adventure in Hoffman Estates.
various petsmarts and cos for equipment.

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
BAD
Ocean Floor- Huge selection, too big... fish are in poor condition, ich is common here... main focus is aquarium sales.
Pet Safari-They lie to customers and sell Dyed fish, ich also common. Young staff with little knowledge. No refunds.
Good
Aqua Touch- Clean, nice selection, mostly saltwater, very knowledgable staff... prices are up there, but you get what you pay for!

Yet to visit Pets Inc. I hear great things about them tho, cant wait.

ARIZONA

Last edited:

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
BAD
Ocean Floor- Huge selection, too big... fish are in poor condition, ich is common here... main focus is aquarium sales.
Pet Safari-They lie to customers and sell Dyed fish, ich also common. Young staff with little knowledge. No refunds.
Good
Aqua Touch- Clean, nice selection, mostly saltwater, very knowledgable staff... prices are up there, but you get what you pay for!

Where are these places? NJ? what town?

pseudoblond

Drawn to Shiny Things
Mar 30, 2004
Phoenix, Az
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
BAD
Good

I agree with all these, AquaTouch is the best in Phoenix, always pristine tanks and I have yet to see a dead fish anywhere in the store. They are a bit more expensive, but less expensive than replacing dead fish. Good selection of corals also.

Pets Inc has many many tanks, but every time I go there at least half are sick. Best prices on tank setups though. Buy your tank at Pets Inc, get your fish at Aquatouch!

PS: Theres a guy in Ahwatukee that sells wholesale LR, I just got 70 lbs from him and its awesome! website under construction azseabottom.com
He also has great prices on supplies and limited inventory of fish/inverts/tridacnas (pick up only, these aren't on the website yet but locals can email for whats in stock). He plans to open a new fish store on the west side, is shopping for retail space.

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I agree with all these, AquaTouch is the best in Phoenix, always pristine tanks and I have yet to see a dead fish anywhere in the store. They are a bit more expensive, but less expensive than replacing dead fish. Good selection of corals also.

Pets Inc has many many tanks, but every time I go there at least half are sick. Best prices on tank setups though. Buy your tank at Pets Inc, get your fish at Aquatouch!

PS: Theres a guy in Ahwatukee that sells wholesale LR, I just got 70 lbs from him and its awesome! website under construction azseabottom.com
He also has great prices on supplies and limited inventory of fish/inverts/tridacnas (pick up only, these aren't on the website yet but locals can email for whats in stock). He plans to open a new fish store on the west side, is shopping for retail space.
good looking out!

lucy10203

AC Members
Oct 14, 2006
Surfer's paradise-FLorida
Good
-Big Al's florida
have a very nice staff that know what they are talking about. GREAT salt and fresh water selection.

-Fish Empire
a small fish store located in coral springs florida.
most of the staff know what they are talking about. small salt water selection.

missc4

Fishy love
Mar 14, 2007
VA
Not sure how many people on this board and in the Virginia, Tennessee area but thought I would post anyhow.
PetsCove-Kingsport TN-Small store,not a huge selection of fish but very knowledgable staff and very healthy fish,they are more than willing to help you with anything.
Sea Oddities-Kingsport TN-Very nice healthy fish,Priced to high,staff acts like they are the fish gods.I ignore them and just tell them what I wont.
Ocean Inside- Bluff City-TN-Beautiful fish,very healthy,,some of the most beautiful coral I have ever seen.Very good prices,very knowledgable staff.I love this place

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store