help! tang not eating!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lucy10203

AC Members
Oct 14, 2006
Surfer's paradise-FLorida
i jsut got a blue hippo tang around 3-4 days ago and it stil hasnt eatin. its been hiding in some rocks, or swimming around the tank when its not afraid. i onyl have two other small fish, yellow tailed damsel and a blue devil damsel. they do not bully around the blue hippo tang. the tang is bigger than the two fish. it seems happy but why wont it eat??!! its in perfect condition and i ahve perfect water conditions.i am feeding it marine flake food. should i feed it something else? help..

alsooo i have one hawiaan feather duster and almost invisibale thread like things are coming out of it. kinda like spiderwebs it looks like. what is this? the waste of the feather duster??

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
For the tang, here's something to try:

Grab a cup

Put a little bit of tank water in it.
Grab some of your food and put in it.
Grab some minced garlic from the fridge and either put a few little pieces OR just dump some of the juice in there.
Let soak for 5 minutes
Drain most of the water out, and put the soaked food in the tank.

darthgoby

AC Members
Dec 28, 2006
I have fed my fish a bunch of things and I can tell you that every fish that I have had will eat the frozen mysis shrimp. I have never had a fish refuse it and they seem to love it.

darthgoby

AC Members
Dec 28, 2006

lucy10203

AC Members
Oct 14, 2006
yes its a little frozen brown cube. of course its already de-frozen, but i was guessing maybe cuz its a shy fish or its scared cuz i jsut bought it.. i might go buy some algae.. idk :confused:

darthgoby

AC Members
Dec 28, 2006
Another question I would ask is if you saw it eat in the store. When I was picking out yellow tangs, I got the one that ate the most.

Did you see it eat or do you know what the store that you got it from fed it?

lucy10203

AC Members
Oct 14, 2006
i did not se it eat beacuse it was a present from my dad..but it think they feed it algae.?? i dont know what to do. im goign nuts she wont eat what i have which is currently flake and those tiny shrimp from the cube. i dont know how longer she will put up with this till she dies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store