clownfish acting aggressive towards scooter blenny

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

missyshrout

Registered Member
May 2, 2007
My clownfish (2 of them have been a little aggressive towards our scooter blenny. But only when he is in one particular rock in the tunnel of it. They both seem to not bother him anywhere else including when he climbs over that same rock.

Would clownfish lay their eggs in a tunnel in a rock if they felt it was safe?

Thanks in advance for any help!!
:confused:

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
yes they could do....all be it, marine fish are quite hard to propogate in the home aquarium....have you look inside to see if there is anything in there? or if its dark, shine a torch in the tank to see if you can cast a little light up the tunnel...

Another alternative reason is territory..if you are certain that there is nothing in the tunnel, re-arrange the rock work and leave the lights off for few hours at night when it is dark and let them regain territorys again...

Niko

New Reefer

AC Members
My clownfish (2 of them have been a little aggressive towards our scooter blenny. But only when he is in one particular rock in the tunnel of it. They both seem to not bother him anywhere else including when he climbs over that same rock.

Would clownfish lay their eggs in a tunnel in a rock if they felt it was safe?
Clowns are quite territorial, and will defend their host anemone and their breeding site from fish much larger than they are. In fact, they will probably attack your hand as well if you put it close to their territory - and yes, they would probably lay eggs in the tunnel. If they do decide to lay eggs, they will start to pick at the chosen spot with their mouths to clean it. This can continue for one or two weeks, until the female is satisfied that her male has chosen the right spot :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store