125G overstocked?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Okay guys i'm planning on converting my 125 to brackish since my shark cats will need it soon.

i have 3 shark catfish and want to add a school of mono sabaes and an archer fish or 2 if possible.

would you say its roomy, tight, or not acceptable?

Sir Pufferfish

AC Members
Apr 11, 2005
UK
no idea on how big shark catfish can grow but i do know mono's can get pretty big and ideally you need a shoal of them.
i just house 4 full size archers in a volume of 94g but its heavy planted and wont add any more fish mainly due to the waste they produce.
to me it seems a odd combination of fish and would question there aggresion with each other, unless they all introduced at a young stage.
but see what others say.
:dance2:

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
shark cats grow to about 12"

the shark cats and monos are listed as being peaceful. the archer is listed as beware.

i think they'd be okay seeing as they all occupy different swimming levels as well.

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
i hear monos do best in shoals of atleast 5... but i hear archers like shoals too.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Monos can grow to a foot. To house a school of them, you'd need 300g+. Columbian sharks can grow to 18". Since they also like to school, why not get a few more? Very impressive tank it would be!

mcox3

Veritas Aequitas
Dec 26, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Monos can grow to a foot. To house a school of them, you'd need 300g+. Columbian sharks can grow to 18". Since they also like to school, why not get a few more? Very impressive tank it would be!
so you're saying?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store