inflating anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

im_a_tidyman

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
London UK
At my LFS i saw an anemone, after looking around (rufly) 20 minutes later i was going to buy it, but it seemed to have expanded, HUGE sort of inflating. looked twice the size. i asked the guy there if it was ok, he said its fine, but i know what these guys are like. so ive come to ask you guys first, will it die if i buy it? is inflating normal? They had just got it in a delivery, so it was new to thier tanks.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
was the coral close by chance? then maybe after 20 min did it opean? this IS normal. Not to sure about expanding maybe just opeaning.

TRG07

It is what what it is!!
May 11, 2006
MD
It is normal. Mine does it all the time. No set schedule but it gets as large as 5 inches tall with it's tenticles our-reached which make it almost 10 inches total. Then there are times that it will deflate to almost the size of a ping-pong ball pulling it's tenticles inside. I thought it was sick too the first time I saw it but did some research and it's a sing of a healthy Anemone. I have a Condylactis gigantea (caribbean anemone) it has purple tips and the column is white. I feed it a dried Krill every other day. The only problem I have is that it moves from time to time.

Anenome and Tomato Clown.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store