:( I had to put down one of my female blue rams :( :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

volkl23

AC Members
Feb 20, 2007
2 days ago, my female blue ram started acting really funny. She wasn't eating, and she always breathed very laboriously. I did a water change, but still she was not normal. Everyone else was/is still fine.

Well, today I found her upside down, but still breathing. I thought the end was near so I took her out and put her in a little dixie cup and put her in the freezer.

I am guessing she probably succumbed to internal parasites? I noticed her belly was a little red on the inside. Now that I have put her down, what can I do so that the rest of the tank doesn't get affected as well? Currently, everyone seems to be doing ok.

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
rip:(

nate

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
sorry about that.

I think you'll just have to keep an eye on the rest and try and spot any problems early. Pristine water cannot hurt; when I lose a fish I like to do big water change anyway...makes me feel better...back interacting with the fish...doing something positive etc.

volkl23

AC Members
Feb 20, 2007
Losing a fish is always hard, especially when it's my first fish. These were wild-caught blue rams from the coast of columbia (or one of those south american countries).

I will keep an eye out on everyone else. The male ram is doing spectacular (knock on wood) and is coloring up very nicely, but I hope he won't get too lonely!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Sorry for your loss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store