Good LFS in Boston area?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dub-Dub

AC Members
Sep 27, 2004
So up until the past 2 months or so, I've been happy with my LFS... but now that I am ready to stock, I have been deeply disapointed with their fish.

I am hunting for fancy goldfish... Ryukin or Ranchu (sp?) not show quality or anything, just nice active fish. All I have found is lethargic fish, some with slightly tattered fins that looks like rot.

I believe it is important to patronize LFSs but I am sick of looking at an emplty tank. I finished my fishless-cycle like 3 weeks ago and want some **** fish.

Can any one recomend some places around Boston with good reputations?

tankboy_taylor

AC Members
Feb 15, 2007
Salem,NH
The only real good fish place in the Boston area that I knew was PJ's in Saugus but they have since gone out of buisness .

Id be be interested in finding another place also closer to the NH border though since I just moved there.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I don't know about goldies but live in "metrowest" as they say. Here's some I've found in the 6 years I've been here:
Tropic Isle in Framingham
Uncle Ned's in Millis (lots of cichlids)
Lovely Pets in Quincy (not sure about them only been twice, they moved ?)
Skipton Pets in Boston (not sure about them, small, near I93 & Mass ave)

There are a couple more I've been to but nothing worth going back to for me.

There was a place in NH close to Newbury,MA I think, very small, very nice guys, had loaches I liked. Way far for me.
Also went to a pet world kind of place in NH north of Lowell? MA but didn't think the fish looked good. Could have been a bad day?

If you hear of others, I'm sometimes up for a road trip.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store