Crypt becketti

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tempest

AC Members
Jun 8, 2002
Wichita, KS
I just got done tearing the heck out of my 55 gallon tank. Being a novice with her first seriously planted tank, I made the mistake of planting this at the front on one side. It's really a beautiful plant but *huge*. It had gotten so big it was shading the whole of one side of the tank. <laughs> So I had the bright idea this morning it would have to go. It wouldn't be so bad but remind anyone wanting to use perlite as a bottom layer to save on flourite that it is simply not a good idea even if the plants like it. My tank is now a floating perlite factory and I'm on my way to the LFS with one huge Cryptocorne and a bucket full of other clippings to see what I can find interesting. :D

djlen

Fish?.......What Fish?
Aug 19, 2002
Somerdale, New Jersey USA
Hey Tempest, how about sending that Crypt to New Jersey?
I'd love to have it. And the other cuttings too.....
Len

Tempest

AC Members
Jun 8, 2002
Wichita, KS
:D Too late... I really hated to give it up but the LFS put it right in it's big display( nonsale) tank so it has a good home. I got a couple of smaller Crypt wendetti in trade for it and the other clippings. I think that will work better in my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store