Should a Leopard Gecko be this skinny?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Importskyline22

www.fraganoob.com
Oct 2, 2006
Cary, NC
It is still very young. But i think he is anerxic. Or is this how small it should be at it's age?

Thanks.

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
Young LGs are thinner looking, but I would make sure he is at a good temperature to encourage his appetite....he'll plump up soon!

Importskyline22

www.fraganoob.com
Oct 2, 2006
Cary, NC
Thanks for letting me know he/she is all right! I was worried :huh:

Time go get more crickets and gut load! :dance2:

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
looking good, I would give your pet a mixture of Crickets, mealworms and waxworms. I always love giving my lizards a mixture of foods.
Also remember to pick up some calcium dust for you little pet. And dust your crickets at least 3 times a week. At this age they are growing fast and need Calcium for good strong bones. You do not want to have a pet suffer from MBD. Its a pretty horrible disease that I have seen to many animals with.

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
looking good, I would give your pet a mixture of Crickets, mealworms and waxworms. I always love giving my lizards a mixture of foods.
Also remember to pick up some calcium dust for you little pet. And dust your crickets at least 3 times a week. At this age they are growing fast and need Calcium for good strong bones. You do not want to have a pet suffer from MBD. Its a pretty horrible disease that I have seen to many animals with.
make sure your dusting once with a Vit. D3 supplement, and 3 times with a pure calcium supplement.

it looks like it could use some more weight on it, i also dont like to use crickets unless they are directly from a cricket farm..crickets are known to carry pinworms, mealworms will be fine for the rest of its life..a variety is good..but when i had over 90 geckos, they where all fed strictly mealworms and did exceptionally well

he looks like he'll be a hypo tangerine morph, the black will fade away in time

Aaron89

AC Members
Dec 2, 2006
England
you could feed it some wax worms, i know their not good for them BUT he should eat them and wil put weight on

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
Yea he looks normal. Probably not too old either. He's a cutie, I can't wait for my babies to hatch in hopefully the next week or so now. Just keep feeding and offer a bunch. Babies like to eat a lot and like said, are a lot skinner than adults.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store