Clownfish And Anemones

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

yellow tang

AC Members
Jul 17, 2006
Well, I'm moving my set-up to a larger tank. My clownfish will be moving into a nice and big 65g aquarium. I have had the clowns for a while, I was wondering if they would host a Bubble Tip Anemone, the clowns are tank raised perculas. But I was thinking if their surroundings were changed maybe it might get them to host it. Any ideas? Help is appreciated:)

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
There is certainly no reason why not...As with any clown fish, there is never a certainty that a clown with host ANYTHING. Its what we all would love to see, but sometimes, it just does not happen....

If the clown/s do not go near it, keep trying to tempt the clowns to the nem with food, it has worked well for others.....

Niko

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
One way I heard of is putting it in a small in-tank breeder. Err the clown and the anemone. It will kind of force them together because of the small space. You could also put your hand in there and scare the clown into the nem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store