Clownfish with Ick

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rlirwin

AC Members
May 19, 2007
I have a saltwater tank with 2 clownfish (I've had them for 4 years), hermit crabs, cleaner shrimp, live rock, and an anenome. One of the fish has a raised white spot about the size of grain of sand on his side. I noticed it about 3 days ago, but it's so small, it could have been there longer. The fish is very active and eating fine. The salinity is currently 1.023 - 1.024 and the temperature is 78. No measureable amonia or nitrite. What should I do? I don't think that a copper treatment is an option since I have invertabrates. Should I change the salinity or temperature - is there another type of medication.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
hmm that a bit of bad luck. Its good you caught it on time b/c if it is ICH its in the begining stages, I would NOT medicate the main tank, for the sakes of other fish and the LR ect ect. Do you have a cleaner shrimp? they can take that cyst off the clown, again if it is ICH. If you set up a temp tank there are many routes you can go, hypersalinity, tank method (sub. can tell you about that one ;)) W/o any othe tank I am stumped as to what to do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store