Food for Coral Beauty

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

akma0620

AC Members
Dec 7, 2002
Visit site
I got a coral beauty for almost a week. I fed it with formula 1, 2, brine shrimp, and emerald entree. And it just wouldn't eat anything although I noticed it's looking for food. I saw someone mentioned sponge based food. What is that? I couldn't find anything about that. Thanks.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Two of the best products to use on angels is Pygmy Angel Formula and Angel Formula; both made by Ocean Nutrition. The Angel formula is more sponge based, so if thats what you are lookin for, get that. They both come in 3.5 and 7oz sizes and generally retail for 4-9 dollars.

It sure is frustrating to have a Pygmy Angel that refuses to eat. I just lost a C. heraldi that had that problem. The fish was actively looking for food, but all that was available was some microalgae. I tried with no success; Nori, Seaweed Selects, Formula one, Mysis Shrimp, Spirulina flakes. and Tetramarine Marine Flake. It ignored them all, and finally died.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
it might need more time... my bicolor took two weeks to start eating flakes.

quantim0

Go Packers!!
Feb 19, 2002
Westfield, NJ
you could always try some live brine shrimp to initiate a feeding responce from him. i know i had trouble with my C. multifaciatus when i first got it and live brine shrimp was the only thing it would eat for a few days. then i started to cut back on the live brine and increase the amount of frozen food in the tank. he eventually started eating all sorts of food. good luck with him. i have heard that some coral beauties are collected questionably, did you check to see if he was eating in the store before you bought him?

fishfreek

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Virginia
www.aquariumadvice.com
Is the coral beauty being stressed in any way? Do you have any other fish in the tank that would be chasing or harrasing it?

I have seen many fish introduced to an aquarium take a while to eat. Perc clowns seem to be like this alot where it can take up to 2 weeks before they activly feed when presented with food.

My coral beauty eats just about anything I add to the tank. I feed a staple of marine flake and Nori (seaweed). my powder blue tang eats mostly the nori but I supplment once a week with some frozen brine and frozen formula one (i think its forumula one, its sold in blister packs).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store