My bubble tip anemone has moved.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Angel 0249

AC Members
Feb 25, 2007
UK
Hi all.

I bought a bubble tip anemone yesterday and after a long acclimatisation placed it in my tank with its foot in a crevice in my rocks.

Anyway after a short period of time it opened up and seemed really happy.
Well this morning when i went to check out the tank my anemone had gone :confused:
Well after a lot of peeping here and there i spotted it right at the back of the tank.

It has placed its self which has not got much light and i can't get to it to feed it.

Does this move mean that it is not happy where i placed it in the first place and should i just leave it to find a suitable place by its self?

My water stats are........

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
PH 8.2
Temp 27
Calcium 460
Copper 0
Phos 0.1 which i can't get lower even with Rowaphos used.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Angel 0249

AC Members
Feb 25, 2007
UK
Thanks atnixon.
How do i get to feed it if its stays at the back of the tank behind all the rocks.
And it also is not getting much light.

mayran

AC Members
Oct 3, 2005
Grand Rapids, MI
My BTA recently split. One half stayed in the original spot, the other half retreated behind the rocks in the dark for a couple of weeks. When it finally decided to come out, it was very light green in color, much lighter than the one that stayed in the original spot. After a couple of weeks in the light, the two look the same again.

Just give it time. It should come out and find a spot where it is happy when it is ready.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Thanks atnixon.
How do i get to feed it if its stays at the back of the tank behind all the rocks.
And it also is not getting much light.
easiest way would be to use a turkey baster to read to it to direct food to its mouth...

Niko

Mar 29, 2007
you could use some of those big pliers or something to feed if the food is too big enough to be sucked in the turkey baster.

vt_snowman87

AC Members
Feb 15, 2007
recently the same happened to my 2 BTAs too.

seemed really happy the first few days, den suddenly retreated behind the rocks, ever since the introduction of a new blue actinic 40W lights..

just hopes it comes out soon too..

fuzzydwarfs

AC Members
Jan 22, 2007
why do ppl feel the need to blast them with laden filled turkey basters...if you are feeding the whole tank brine etc every couple of days, then that should be sufficient for them...I never feed mine, and they have multiplied and are the size of dinner plates...same with my corals...they all get enough with what ever is drifting past...

just my two cents worth...

Mar 29, 2007
Well that way of feeding fuzzy dwarf seems possible as well, but arent there other filter feeders in some tanks that compete for food? Unless im not understanding your post....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store