Scooter Blenny

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Longinus

American Eel
Mar 18, 2007
midwest
I recently was in a LFS and decided that I wanted a scooter blenny.

Now my question here lies more in the amount of LR one would need to scavenge, I want to be sure I could keep the guy fed with chiefly just the rock and whatever pods are growing around the tank.

Is this possible in a nano, or would I need to feed him some sort of sinking marine pellet food(I wouldnt mind, but if I could keep him on just LR it would be cool)

Currently I have a 10g w/5g fuge, but in the future I intend to upgrade to either a 15-25g dt with a 10-20g sump/fuge.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
to feed one safely, it is normaly suggested to have about 100 pounds of live rock. however, scooter blennies accept frozen foods such as mysis shrimp more readily than their cousins, mandarins. But still, not all will accept frozen foods and they often die because people buy them expecting to ween them on frozen. To have a chance of keeping one in a tank your size, i would buy one that is already accepting frozen without hesitation.

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
I keep one in my 10 gallon but there is about 60 lbs of rock between the sump and display, so I have more micro fauna than a normal 10 gal.

Longinus

American Eel
Mar 18, 2007
midwest
I think I will pick one of these guys up when I can find one that is eating frozen mysis. Thanks for the input guys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store