20L water/land tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
I finally got my hands on the 20L that i have been looking for. my question in, i want to do a half land half water tank, as shown in the drawing. is there anyway that i could just have the straight piece to seperate the water and land or would i have to have the diagonal piece in there for support? and if i did have to have the diagonal piece, what could i put in the void space to fill it up.
thanks

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
heres the pic

20l.JPG

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
meant to be a 20G long, sorry.

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
ohh k i gotcha I was wondering... lol You could have a straight piece, you dont really need it though unless your using like something that will poulute the water, if your just using rocks and stuff you just build it up on one side.

JoeRags3

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Millstone Township, NJ
Yes you can use a stright piece. Some species of newts need a definative wet/dry setup. Aplce where they can dry off a little then go back into water to feed or breed. What do you plan on putting in there?

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
i have a leopard frog thats going in there. and i was planning on putting a few firebellys as well. the "brown" end is going to be like a soil for plants and such. i have a fog machine that i was going to put in as well

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
You cant mix the firebellys and leopard frog. firebellys are toxic and would eventually kill the leopard frog sharing the water.

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
ok, to back up a little, thats what i had thought. but i asked a couple different people and they said the firebelly's are only toxic if they are eaten, is this not true?

and if firebelly's and leopards cant be mixred, any sugestion on what i could put with the leopard?

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Nope firebellies secret their toxins right into the wter making it deadly for other anphibians. If you had firebellies and you have a water dish for them after 3 days you will see the toxins oiling up the water. Sometimes fish can live happily if theres enough filtration, and enough hides to not get eaten. I would keep the leopard alone as a 20 gallon is pretty much a minimum for one anways. They like to have deep water too, about inches would do, and that blocks out putting any other anphibian in there too because they would drown, but you should never mix species anyways,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store