Anemones vs Coral

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gildurath

AC Members
May 12, 2007
Thunder Bay, Ontario
So as I have posted before. I have an issue with what I think, and people here have confirmed, is a problem with Aiptasia(Glass Anemone). But I am still unsure, and think they may be button polyps. So this is my question. I was feeding some of my coral(Frogspawn) with Marine Flake, I was told this is what they eat. So I turned off all the filters, and skimmer for an hour like it said, I do not have any power heads, so I have ZERO flow right now. And this is my question...

Will polyps move of their own accord, or will only anemones? Cause what I think are Aiptasia are moviung like crazy, with ZERO flow. But nothing else, my leathers, mushrooms, frogspawn, which are all corals, right, are not moving. So if corals cannot move on their own, then it confirms these are anemones.

BTW, a write up on the differences between Anemones and Corals would be a cool addition, or maybe there is one and I just did not find it.

Thanks for your help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store