I want to build a pond!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

will74

AC Members
Mar 4, 2007
Kentucky
Is there any suggestions on what i could use as a pond liner other than the commercial liners? I would like something that resembled a tractor trailer truck tire inner tube, Something that could be patched if need be. Maybe a water bed liner or something like that. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Yankee Dog

AC Members
Dec 28, 2006
Somerville, AL
Is there any suggestions on what i could use as a pond liner other than the commercial liners? I would like something that resembled a tractor trailer truck tire inner tube, Something that could be patched if need be. Maybe a water bed liner or something like that. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
a commercial liner is very similiar in appearance to an inner tube. And you can patch it in a similiar manner. A water bed liner is very thin by comparison.

some people have used roofing rubber. it is sort of a religious subject regarding if it hurts the fish or not.

Yankee Dog

KoiMan

AC Members
May 5, 2007
roofing material leaks certain chemicals that are harmful for the fish. There's a couple type of liner out there such as PVC, LPDM, and EPDM. I Think the EPDM is the best rated one since it carries a lifetime warranty and very resistant to puncture and UV damage. Liners can be quite expensive depending on the size of pond you want to build. If you need/want to buy some liner, send me a PM. I have some Firestone EPDM liners that I bought but never had the chance to put it up since its huge!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store