I had 2 clownfish, now I have 1....help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Batmanjay28

AC Members
Aug 22, 2006
Oregon
Last night I watched my tank and saw my 2 tank-raised clownfish I bought a week ago, my tomato clownfish, and my engineer goby. When I got home this afternoon I looked for in my tank and couldn't find one of my tank-raised clownfish. I looked for about 20 minutes and couldn't that little fish. I have 75pounds of live rock in the tank. It's a 55G.

Does anyboby have an idea what could of happened to my clownfish? Becuase I have no idea. Any comments are welcome.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
it might just be hidding. Is there anything he can get sucked into? do you have a sump at the bottom to verify?

SigPiPup

AC Members
May 1, 2007
Michigan
I'd say somewhere amonst your rocks or, like mine, it could have jumped out of the tank somehow.

Either way, I hope you find it...hopefully alive.

i_limantara

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Indonesia
a new fish always hiding in the rock.... how about the water parameter??

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Yes- hiding, jumped, tomato could'e killed it as they can get aggressive at times toward other clowns.

Sorry you can't find your fish. Has it turned up today at all?

Reefkid 07

AC Members
Jun 4, 2007
North Carolina
Mine will jump in the back sometimes but the filter and stuff is the same level of water so...hop.....hey how exciting, a bag of carbon.(and other stuff, I had to make it sound hilariously dumb. If you get REALLY REALLY desperate and you don't have any beautiful corals on a few rocks, dip the rocks in fresh water a few seconds (i did this to get a mantis shrimp out) and look a fishie.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store