flame angel / yellow tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
i have a 100gal tank with 3 blue green chromis,2 commom clowns and a yellow tang....i was wondering if a flame angel,coral beauty or bi coloured dwarf angel would be ok with the tang?

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
Yeah should be fine.. but how big is your tank?

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
I have actually had that combo before for about 7 months and everything was fine. Same size tank as well.

You have plenty of room with the amount of fish you have. As long as you mix and match the sizes of fish, you shouldn't have a problem getting to around 10-12 fish in a 100 gallon tank. Just don't go crazy getting large fish like tangs. A dwarf angel such as a Flame Angel will be fine, they do not get super big.

I have 14 fish in my 100 gallon, but only 4 of my fish will get large, my two tangs and my 2 engineer gobies, but the gobies are babies now. My species list is pretty much complete.

Good luck.

lebloom

AC Members
Oct 4, 2001
Illinois
Something about the Flame though. I had one with a Yellow tang for quite awhile thought it would live forever with the Tang then it died for no reason at all. I now have a Coral Beauty and its lasted a lot longer and they also get along with a Yellow really nice.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
thanks for the advice guys.....im only going to add the dwarf angel and maybe a lipstick tang and that will be all the fish im going to put in there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store