PFO Solaris LED Light

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

factorybacking

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
Just wondering if anyone owns them. I just ordered the fixture and is supposed to be in by next Wednesday. I got PFO LED 20k Fixture. Man was it expensive, but hopefully it'll bring the cost of my electric bill down in the long run, especially with summer coming:grinyes:

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
WOW you could have got your lighting a lot cheaper, I have heard mixed reviews on these, some have said that the bulbs do not stay in the correct spectrum long enough to make it more cost effective than other methods, BUT in any case keep us up to date as I would buy one if I could afford it but I can't.

factorybacking

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
Yeah i will keep updates and get some pictures as soon as i receive it. So far i've heard nothing but good things from other people that are running them (just random people i run into at my LFS) The guy who goes out to clean his tank says the lights are amazing, and very cool how many different things the lights can do, i cant wait!

DarkSoul

Mad Scientist
Mar 12, 2007
London, Ontario
I dont doubt its a good fixture, and it sure looks pretty.... but man you could have built one of those for WAY cheaper.

btw, if it is using 400W.... its using 400W.... your not going to save any electricity costs unless you are using that to replace a 600W light or something.

in which case it makes me wonder if your not just downgrading so to speak. I dont know how the 400W output of LEDs compares to 400W of x lighting.

id buy one if i had the cash :D

Last edited:

factorybacking

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
Well one, im no electrician so i could NEVER make one of these fixtures, and two, its supposed to only use half the power of metal halides, read some of the reviews on it. Will see.

rascole

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
Bellflower, CA
www.randytalsma.com
PFO Solaris LED

I just recieved 2 of the H series 48" 20k. I am installing them on my 525 gal. tank. I am finishing up the plumbing now and water testing it. I should have the lights installed within a week or so.

I spent about 8 months researching many different lights. The LEDs are the future of the hobby. They use half the amount of electricity of MH and generate very little heat. I plugged my set in to test and left them on for a day and the top of the lights were barley warm. Besides they have alot of preprogramed settings for light control, the best is a 28 day moon cycle.

Less heat transfer means less chiller work means less electricity for room A/C means less money on the bill every month. It is a long term investment that WILL pay for itself.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Sounds fabulous...any chance of you creating a new thread and showing off what you have at the moment with you 525 gal tank? I think people here would really like to see it..

Niko

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
ahem amen niko.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store