Sick Oranda Need HELP FAST!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rockieroad

AC Members
Apr 28, 2007
Hello Fish Forum;

I'm writing again for some new suggestions regarding my sick Oranda fish "Tallulah". My first posted inquiry was back in late April. She has a white cottony growth (fungus) that started out very small and now has grown sooo large that it's almost covering her face!!! It appears as if it's going to fall off any day, but instead of shrinking it's getting bigger, bigger and BIGGER!!!

I'm tired, confused and extremely frustrated:confused: She's been through five different meds now (Maracyn, Maracyn two, Maroxy, Pimafix, and Melafix.
My 30g tank has been cycled for a year and a half now. The water levels are all normal been doing normal water changes every five days. She's been on the Maracyn, Maracyn Two, and Maroxy for 2 weeks (14 days) no improvement, so I switched to Pimafix and Melafix and it's been 2 weeks on this medication now. She's hanging in there (I call her my Lil' Soldier:hearts:)
though. Can anyone out there please suggest something new that I can try is there any hope for her? I've tried everything that was suggested to me. I've asked numerous times if the fungus/growth is suppose to shrink or fall off? But got no response. After trying all 5 meds I'm thinking I should see some sort of improvement.

:feedback:
Best Regards,
Rockieroad

rockieroad

AC Members
Apr 28, 2007
Hey jm212,

Yes I have definitely been treating with meds as I mentioned in my earlier post. I even named all 5 meds that I tried (Maroxy and Maracyn together for 7 days, then to Maracyn two with the regular Maracyn for 2 weeks, and last for the past two weeks Pimafix and Melafix together. Doing weekly water changes like the meds suggests. And doing weekly water tests to ensure that water levels are normal. My fish book describes this as columnaris fungus.

didy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2007
Columnaris is a bacterial infection, and it's much more common than a true fungus, but fungus has to be considered since it didn't respond to the antibiotics.

I'd like to see a pic, too.

Fishman07

I AM THE FISH WHISPERER
Mar 12, 2007
Southwest, GA
If your filter has it, make sure to take out any carbon your filter may contain before using any medication!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store