tangs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

xsdbs

AC Members
Oct 16, 2006
hello, i have questions on yellow, naso and powder blue tangs. what is the best food for them. i have in the past had trouble with them and i like thier colors and character however i do not want to spend hard earned money that may be hard to keep alive. i always feel like a bad parent when my fish die. i am not sure if brine shrimp, mysis, are cyclops are what they feed on. i have also tried algae strips but i am not sure how much of that is bad for the tank ( can you overfeed with algae like you can with other foods) thanks in advance for any help here.

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
That seems to be pretty much what they eat. Clip some veggies on the glass, feed some flakes or whatever else they seem to like eating, and that's it!

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
On all my tangs I feed A variety pack, brine, and algea sheets, I also feed them romaine lettuce,peas,oranges, Even drop a ghoastie from time to time (intended for my hawk) but My vlamingi eats it anyways. I dont think you can over do algea, since they "graze" on it. I always give them two pieces one on each side w/ some garlic and in the AM its all gone.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
i think they meant more of does algae rot in the tank just as meaty foods? and the awnser to that is yes. it will release phosphates and other toxins just as your normal food. so it isnt best to leave it in there the entire day.

12learn

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
tang info

thanks everyone for the help, think i will try another tang and hope it last longer than the last couple i had. have a great day

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store