Saw this - is it good

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kbaker721

AC Members
Dec 7, 2002
PA
Visit site
I was in PetCo the other day and noticed in one of there sw tanks they have a shark catfish (silvertip, columbian, etc. catfish - whatever you want to call them). I know these fish are brackish but the guy said that they can live in a full sw tank. I am asking b/c I have two that are about 5-6" in length now. I have them in my 55 gal sw tank - do they need to be in sw, can they be in sw, or should I just let them be. They seem to be doing fine where they are now. I just thought it was interesting and cool - since they look like "real" sharks....:)

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
Definitely need to be in at least brackish, and they're reaching the adult size at which SW would be a better choice. FWIW, they do get pretty sizable and will eat other fish/inverts, so keep them only in a big tank with large tankmates. Also, you will likely need to set up some type of q-tank to take several days to shift them from FW to SW. This is a very stressful change and should be done quite slowly, especially given how fragile Columbian sharks can be.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store