Lonely Platy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dewilde2

Illinifish
Aug 8, 2006
St Louis
I am down to 1 male sunset dwarf platy, and as much as I was planning to phase out the livebearers, I'm thinking about upping their numbers again!

My new tank is a 46 gallon and has been up and going for a while. Current inhabitants are 5 bosemani rainbowfish, 1 angelfish, 4 bolivian rams, and the 1platy. I was going to add a big school of neons, but now my platy has become so lonely he is trying to hang out with the bolivians (which is weird but so far they haven't become aggressive toward him).

SOOO I am thinking about having a big school of the dwarf platies instead. My angelfish is juvenille, and doesn't bother the current platy. I was told that if you get small fish when the angelfish is small, and have several of them, they usually don't bother them. So I don't know if this will be a problem or not. Any thoughts on this? And if it's ok, how many can I add to my current tank? Total of 6? I feel this might be pushing it stocking-wise. I'm planning on getting all males also, and have never had a big group of male livebearers so I'm worried about that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store