Stock List for my 55g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mazeman22

Marine Biologist in the MAKING!!!!
Jul 31, 2006
Missouri
Ok I moved to the Newbie forum because I am becoming a pest in the general freshwater forum. This is my new list. It is also my final list so any changes need to be made NOW!!! :eek3:

The tank will be planted with anacharis, java moss, and micro swords. Any suggestions on a space filler plant?

List:

3 Red Wag Platy
2 Pearl Gourami
1 Bristle Nose Pleco
8 Black Skirt Tetra
12 Neon or Cardinal Tetra
5 Julii Cory
3 Kuhli Loach
3 Albino Mystery Snail
Several Ghost Shrimp

Is this good? I'm giving away my silver dollar and my tiger barbs so I didn't include them in the list.

Thanks ahead of time,
Mazeman

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
No SD, try upping the barbs to 10, IMO they'll prolly still nip, but with a large school, chances are cut considerably.

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
He said he is giving away the barbs so they are not in the mix any more. I think the list looks good but I would put in a few more red wag platys.

Marinemom

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Looks good, maybe close to over-stocked once mature depending on your setup, filter, etc. but I'm new so can't say for certain. I'm pretty sure the Ghost shrimp will "mysteriously disappear" to the Gourami's delight though!

mazeman22

Jul 31, 2006
Missouri

Oh i bet but it will be fine. The shrimp are working dual jobs. They eat leftovers on the bottom and they provide my fish energy.

Also on the platies. I don't want to bring up the stock just because they multiple anyway. I'm sure the male will be overly occupied with all the other fish.

Thanks

dvd_wightman

AC Members
Dec 18, 2006
Springfield, New Jersey
It sounds like a good stocking to me. I agree with Lupin about the Kuhlis. They are a schooling species, so they will be better off with 6. I would recommend getting all female platies so that you don't have to worry about breeding.

mazeman22

Jul 31, 2006
Missouri
Can I bring the kuhlis to 4 or 5? It would start to become overstocked to me if I get anymore than that.

I think I'll get one male platy anyway, unless one of the female at the LFS is already pregent. Then that solves my problem.

Thanks to you all!!!!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store