Up and running....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishinhd

AC Members
Dec 25, 2002
rehoboth beach DE
Visit site
Posted a while ago...getting ideas...thanks all for the help!!!

I have my 150 gl. , in the wall, up and going. Started with just play sand and lights. 2 400 watt metal halides, Rainbow Lifegaurd system consisting of: Little Giant pump into chemical module with plain carbon-into large fluidized bed filter-into heater module-back to tank. 2 Prizm protien skimmers (doing an awsome job,BTW), 3 Maxi-Jet 1200's on a Natural Wave timer plus 1 Little Giant submersible down low to stir lower areas.

LR from a place in NJ called Seatrade Marine.com (awsome prices)!! One 46lb. box of rock to start....one more 46lb. box 2 weeks later....2 more 46 lb. boxes 3 weeks later. This guy really helped me out with shipping as I needed/wanted!

Started with 2 Yellow Tailed Blue Damsels (please do not start with scientific names...Mikey don't do that)! Aprox. 2 weeks later, a friend at work was breaking down his 55, where I aquired a most incredible Yellow Tang and Clownfish. Been taking time stocking!!

Had a much expected brown algea bloom. Inserted 6 "turbo snails" and let them go for 2 weeks. Today I got 3 more snails and 6 "blue leg hermits". With them, I decided to introduce the first corals. I got a small "clump" of polyps from the LFS alonf with a "feather duster". It is soooo neat to watch these animals open up and feel "comfortable".

The snails are taking quick care of the brown stuff...and the coralline colors are poking through incredibly!! I think this tank is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing!!

BTW...water parameters:
ph:8.1
SG:1.026 (little high...working on it)
Amonia: 0-.25 (leaning toward zero)
Nitrate: undetectable
Nitrite: undetectable
Temp: 78-80F

I am using Red Sea Marine Lab test kit...seems to be decent.
I have a RO/DI unit on the way...could help my brown problem.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome....I am still new at this!!

I need to know more about corals and their needs!! The polyps and feather dusters are so cool....but I know I will be into more "extaravigant" things!!

Thanks....Mikey

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store