Interesting CO2 Cylinder Refill Information

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I just called a fire extiquisher supply place after reading Rex's recommendation that they have the cheapest prices on refills. This place didn't do exchanges and required that the 5 year hydrostatic testing stamp be valid.

Interesting information (also revealed by Rex):
5 lb. refill $17
10 lb. refill $20

Go Rex! Thanks for the great information!

Since this place does refills only, would it be better to

A) look for a place that does exchanges instead

B) buy a steel cylinder in lieu of the fancy aluminum one in case I find an exchange place later

C) buy a fancy aluminum one to be the envy of all the aquadOOds and aquadOOdettes and continue using a refill only place

If B, know of any places online that sell steel CO2 cylinders?

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
yea my place is like 11-12 bux for refill or change.

a its up to you. if they refill on the spot great. i have extra co2 tanks so i dont mind giving it to them and picking up the next day. exchange is nice so you dont have to worry about retesting it.

b i like the aluminum.... they have ugly aluminum ones also. my local welding shop has tanks for sell.

c most people hide it anyway so i dont think it matters.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I suppose I'll have to call around and see if I can find one. I've only called two places so far. The fire extinguisher supply and a welder's supply. I have to call the welder's supply back tomorrow to see if they have a 10 lb. available. I'm finding that a steel 10 lb. actually costs more if you can find them. Anyone have a good source for an inexpensive steel 10 lb?

bkw1982

I'M GOING TO ZOMBIELAND
Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, TX
lol i got u all beat mine is $9 for swap.....but i do have to go out of my way to get it refilled.

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Does the place you exchange with provide you with an initial cylinder or did you have to buy that?

I'm having a hard time finding a 10 lb. that is priced in such a way that I wouldn't have a problem exchanging it. Any ideas? eBay doesn't have jack.

Native American

Just Another Flying Fish
Apr 25, 2005
Altus, OK
I guess I'm just fortunate in my locale. $9 for a CO2 refill on each of my 10-lb. bottles at the local welding supply place.

v/r, N-A

vic46

AC Members
Jun 9, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Hello:
I get my 20# aluminum tank filled at the local Coca Cola distributor for$28CDN.
Vic

bkw1982

I'M GOING TO ZOMBIELAND
Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, TX
wow 28 for a refill thts steep. I get mine refilled at the same place i bought mine. It's welding shop and it cost the same for a 10 and 5lb. The cost of the 10lb was 110 for a used steel. The cheapest i found was 98 for a 10lb but the shop was to far.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store