reef roids vs reef chili and System Reef-resh

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
I don't use any of those but just checked out the links.

The first one seems okay. I'm big on looking at protein percentages and this one looks pretty nutritious. The astaxanthin's an anti-oxidant and I don't think I've ever noticed that ingredient in aquarium food.

The second one sounds good but would like to see the specific values.

The third one for coral color, for me personally, seems like it could be unnecessary and a waste of money. I figure with good water conditions and a quality salt, things like this aren't really a must. Although I'm the first to admit that I'm pretty sure I use lots of products that others deem as unnecessary. :D

My buddy is big on Coralvite. I was planning on trying it soon to see why he swears by it.
http://www.monstermarketplace.com/General/Landing2800a2.html

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
Well the Reef-resh is only going to be about $17 a month for a 100 gallon, so for smaller tanks it will be quite less $/month. The reef chili has been getting great reviews, but no pictures. I was thinking of getting reef chili because it sounds quite nice.

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
Or maybe I could use both of them. It will only be a few dollars a month.

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
Instead of deciding which one, I'll just use all three.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Hehe, there you go!

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
Are there any other coral foods anyone recommends?

mayran

AC Members
Oct 3, 2005
Grand Rapids, MI
I use reef chili twice a week and am very happy with it. Since I starting using it, I have seen quite a bit of growth, especially in my zoos, and sps. Each of my zoo colonies have doubled or more in size and I have seen tremendous growth in my sps as well. I have also seen growth in most of my other corals, just not quite as much. I can't tell you how much of the growth is due to the Reef Chili, but it seemed like they started to take off at the same time that I started using it.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
I use reef chili twice a week and am very happy with it. Since I starting using it, I have seen quite a bit of growth, especially in my zoos, and sps. Each of my zoo colonies have doubled or more in size and I have seen tremendous growth in my sps as well. I have also seen growth in most of my other corals, just not quite as much. I can't tell you how much of the growth is due to the Reef Chili, but it seemed like they started to take off at the same time that I started using it.
Those sound like decent results. How long had you been using the reef chili until your zoa colonies doubled?

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
I got the free sample of reef roids when they where first put out. They rock, then I forgot where to get them, thanks for the link, I will go order some now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store