Sick Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spinner

AC Members
May 28, 2003
Visit site
I HAVE A 55 GALLON TANK WITH 2 OSCARS, A JACK DEMPSEY AND A PIKE. THEY ARE ALL ABOUT 4-5 INCHES. FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS THE OSCARS HAVE BEEN VERY INACTIVE AND THE PIKE HAS WHITE SPOTS ALL OVER HIM, KINDA LOOKS LIKE ICH BUT THE SPOTS ARE NOT ON ANY FISH. I HAD A PLECO THAT DIED LAST WEEK. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH MY TANK? THANKS

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Well, it looks like you're past the limit of the bioload now...did you cycle the tank using these fish? Some of them could be weakened by effects due to that.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Okay, did you start the tank with these fish? I'll rephrase it this way for now, but I'll give you an explanation in a bit.

spinner

AC Members
May 28, 2003
Visit site
YES AFTER A WEEK OF RUNNING THE TANK EMPTY I PUT THE OSCARS AND THE PLECO, AND ABOUT 2 WEEKS LATER I PUT IN THE JACK AND THE PIKE

spinner

AC Members
May 28, 2003
Visit site
I HAD THE FILTER RUNNING WITH NO FISH UNTILL THE WATER CLEARED UP, IT WAS CLOUDY AT FIRST PROBABLY FROM BACTERIA, IT TOOK A WEEK

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
You need to go to the Freshwater Newbie forum and read up on cycling. Your fish are dying because of nitrite poisoning from the initial cycling process and from the fact that your tank is overstocked. You will need another tank, or you will need to return a bunch of those fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store