pepermint with eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Seamonkey84

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
One of my pepermints has laid eggs, and i'm wondering what the chances of the larve surviving. its in a ten gallons with only snails, hermits and a baby molly. there's lots of live rock, and a whisper power filter (with out the filter cartrige) and a p0wer head for circulation.

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
Basically, it's not going to happen. Between filtration, predation, and a lack of appropriate food for the planktonic shrimp to eat, you won't be able to raise the babies. I don't know of anyone who has pulled this off in captivity.

Seamonkey84

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
i'm not really sure what would be preying on them, there's the small feather dusters on the rocks, baby molly, hermit, the adult shrimp, and the filter propellers, since theres no filter pad. i was planing on feeding forzen phytoplancton, and microvert, since that would also feed my colonies of dusters and copods and such

syngent

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
:( My peppermint just released all her young last night. They were swimming/floating everywhere. By morning I can't find a single one. Between the fire shrimp and the coral beauty they must have had a great midnight snack.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store