Help with sick? clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

HermeJ

AC Members
Sep 1, 2004
Hi, I have two false percula clowns in a 55g tank with live rock and a few other small critters. I've had them for about 3 years and I've never had a problem with them, either through my explosive green algae phase nor when I moved with them. However, a couple weeks ago, the male (or so I presume since he's been smaller than the other for quite some time) started behaving oddly. He stays in relatively the same small space on one of the rocks and doesn't move far from it. He's changed spots a couple times but is always exhibiting that behavior. He doesn't seem to eat much when I feed them and his color has definately gotten paler. But other than that I don't see any physical abnormalities or anything. Does anyone have a clue?
Thanks

HermeJ

AC Members
Sep 1, 2004
Chemistry levels seem normal, no ammonia or nitrite, nitrate is below 20ppm, and no detectable phosphate. I feed them once or every other day either flake or frozen mysis shrimp. I don't measure specific gravity, I measure salinity which is at a healthy ocean norm of 34.5. None of the other inhabitants have been acting strange, and this started well after the move so I don't think it's lingering stress from that. He started swimming around a bit later last night (the first i'd seen in awhile) which almost seemed normal, but this morning I can't find him, I hope he's hiding but i fear the worst.

HermeJ

AC Members
Sep 1, 2004
And as suspected he was dead. After much searching I found him really wedged into a crevice by the hermit crabs attempting to scavenge.
Thanks anyways.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store