sad dwarf sag

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JeremyJ

Registered Member
Apr 21, 2003
Visit site
My recently planted dwarf sag is looking sad.

Purchased potted, the plant was huge with sag bursting from the sides of the pot and quite healthy looking. I split the plant up into about 10 'major' individuals, many with smaller sprouts attached to runners.

Now some leaves are yellowing and decaying, with the decay often beginning near the base. The individuals that weren't completely removed from the rockwool seem the worst.

All the other plants in the tank are flourishing. The light is just above 2 watts per gallon, CO2 is being injected from a canister system, and the substrate is flourite. I don't have exact readings at the moment, but the PH is probably about 6.8, KH ~3, with low-yet-present readings of nitrate and phosphate. The tank is fairly new and I just began adding Kent Pro-Plant for trace minerals and Flourish Iron.

Any suggestions? I had dwarf sag in the last incarnation of this tank with similar paramaters and it was quite healthy.

thanks...
jeremy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store