puffer fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

firetank

calibration boy
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
i always wanted a puffer fish....since i was like 7\8 yrs old....

whats a decent size tank for a single spec.??

any help appreciated..

STUNNA

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
sbsc.biz
Most brackish puffers stay within 3"-8", starting off with a one figure 8 in a 20 gallon would prolly be fine. They're pretty hardy too. Have you had any experience with brackish fish before? Fahaka puffer are really nice, but they're beasts and would be more suited to a 75 gallon imo.

firetank

calibration boy
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
hi,

no ve not had ANY exp w\brackish....

but i woul dlike to get a puffer(they keep em at my lfs....no-ones bought any for a long time....)

any help apprec.

thanx

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Sorry Robert, I've been meaning to ask you where to find those articles again, as I lost all my favorites w/my last computer. I checked in Aquasource/Archives, but couldn't find them. I've got them now!

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Pufferpunk - the Archives are fully accessible again, but have not been updated as yet, so there are 2-3 issues that do not appear in them. I finally got the URLs for all my articles, but not the other gaps.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Hi Pufferpunk,

just thought I'd put it out there that if you're not ready or prepared to take the "brackish" route, you can also find that there are a few "fresh-water" species of puffers out there too.....

good luck with whatever you try....:)

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Yes, they are all listed in those websites I gave.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store