my new 10g, thank you AC!!! (many pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I just finished setting up my second tank ever, a 10 gallon that I got for 10 bucks via Craigslist. A very nice couple actually brought it to my door, and asked if I'd send pics of what I made with it... The plants are primarily from a lfs, Tien Wei Aquarium, some bought today and some shoots from my 20g.

I really have to thank everyone here at AC, every aspect of planting this was informed by you fine folks!

I had a really good time planting this empty... the eco-complete was so nice to work with, and I litterally didn't have a single piece of HC float or unroot. in fact, nothing floated up at all. it was magical. lol

the specs:

Pennplax Cascade 150 filter
Current USA 40w fixture
diy co2 w/hagen ladder
eco-complete over 1/4" flora base

the plants I know:

Dwarf Sag
Micro Sword
Java Moss
2 tiny Crypts (I think)
HC
1 piece of duckweed (only 1)

the plants I don't know:

1 red leaved bulb...?
several stems of...? wasn't labeled
2 long chains of...? also wasn't labeled, runs across the mid, single leaves on a vine, with 2" stems...

new10g_1.JPG new10g_2.JPG new10g_3.JPG new10g_4.JPG new10g_5.JPG new10g_6.JPG new10g_7.JPG

Featherfin

Student
May 2, 2007
Savannah, GA
that really is beautiful.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
thanks all, I'm pretty psyched. I was feeling daunted by the HC, but it's acutally easier to work with than the glosso. I am dying to add some critters... even got 2 cherry shrimp waiting. I can't decide if I want to cycle with or without fish...

yeah,tien wei is on 65th... that place is great. I wish I could ask more questions, but the communication barrier is high. I live closer to manhattan, but visit bkchinatown more than once a week. I live on vietnamese food. I've been in to the store maybe 4 times, they always have nice plants on the weekend. she had amano shrimp last time, but not today.

my amanos, btw, are growing SO fast. if they continue at the current rate, they will be the size of a twinkie in about a month.

in one picture you can see some bright red algae on the dwarf sag... I've never seen that before! I was tempted to leave it because it was so red, almost neon, but I clipped it off. it's funny, because I didn't notice it until I saw it in the picture.

does anyone know what my mystery plants are?

soobie

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
eastern oregon, USA
Real Name
Sue
Really nice tank!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

Dec 20, 2006
Michigan
Looks really good! Can't wait to see more pictures when it grows out. Sorry for the question, but I'm new to planted tanks, and I was wondering what the grassy looking plant all over the place is?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store