Bubble tip anemone.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Angel 0249

AC Members
Feb 25, 2007
UK
Have had my bubble tip anemone now for 3 weeks.
He was eating fine until about a week ago and now has stopped eating.
Have tried all different kinds of food from myses,krill,silversides to muscles.
He still won't eat and i am getting concerned for his well being.
Here are a couple of pics of him does he look healthy or not?
All water parameters are good.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
I don't know, it looks okay to me. Some of them range in color and I'm thinking maybe yours should be a little more brighter and open? What kind of lighting do you have?

Also, it takes some time for people to come on and answer (plus it's a weekend), so don't think your posts go unnoticed! :)

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Please anyone.:help:
I have had anemones before, but my knowledge is limited. However it isn't collapsed so hopefully that should be a good sign.

Has it changed in color at all? Like I said my knowledge is limited.

Angel 0249

AC Members
Feb 25, 2007
UK
Thanks for the replies guys.
I have got 4x36watt daylight/blue twin tube.T5's
2x36watt moonlight twin tube T5s.

When i bought it it was green and when the tank lights are on it sort of looks brownish/green.

Bryce

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Did you ever think that maybe it just isn’t hungry?

In all honesty, most people tend to overfeed their anemones. I have a huge bubble tip (about 10 inches across now, when I got it, it was three inches) and it gets fed only once per week. When feeding I use the same food-stuffs you have listed but make sure they are in very small pieces.

Studies have shown that the energy used by an anemone that is overfed is actually detrimental to their overall health and well being.

Cavalier2123

Guy on the couch
Jan 16, 2007
Newnan, GA
I've always wanted bubble tips in my tank, but I just haven't had luck with anemones in the past. I had 2 that were very mobile. They would not settle where I wanted them, so I let them go where they wanted. They would always wander in between my rocks and die.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I've always wanted bubble tips in my tank, but I just haven't had luck with anemones in the past. I had 2 that were very mobile. They would not settle where I wanted them, so I let them go where they wanted. They would always wander in between my rocks and die.

Just super glue them down... LOL J/K

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store