$$ Happy me, happy LFS $$

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Ok, so I went to the LFS today to pick up a huge, beautiful java fern they had in, 10.99$, not even twice that of walmart, who had half the plants, half the size, and no rootage whatsoever.

I had also put aside an AWSOME piece of driftwood, must way 4 or 5 pounds, for only 24.99$. It's so nice that for every 25$ spent you get a stamp, and if you get a card filled it's 25$ off a purchase (if you bought something for 75$, 3 stamps :D).

So, seeing as I still have a bit of room in my tank, I go to look at the swordtails (accidentally had some platy mixing, LFS tells everyone which is which ;)) and find, again, this gorgeous platy, black tail, mickey mouse spot, black lips, fins, beautiful. 3.99$ :bday:

I also look at the danios. Sometimes fish enjoy switching tanks at the retailer, like the platies. So did this wonderful little female dwarf neon rainbowfish. 2.99$ :eek: !! not often you get a deal like that, hmm?!

So, I get 2 stamps (49$ spent, pretty much 50$), they get 50$ :)dance:), I get 2 awsome fish (I was going for 6 dwarf neons for my 75g, I wonder if I'll find a 5 for $$ at Pets Unlimited :D) and a plant, and their tanks get a bit less OS :)bday:, fishys, :bday:).

Who says people don't right about pleasant LFS stops?!

TheXman

Rainbow Nut
Jun 11, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Good trip! Neons rainbows are cool fish, especially for that price. I picked up three of them plus a turquoise rainbow at a SFAS auction, ALL FOR $5! One of the neons died, but even so, that's probably the best deal I'll ever get on adult fish!

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Nice, and she and the platy are doing great, the dwarf neon is hanging out watching and following the neons, lmao, poor girl, she'll be boss when the 5 "youngsters" get to my big tank...

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
Good! I for one am glad to hear a story of a pleasant experience at the LFS. Yay!

Marinemom

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store