Replacement Tank Frame/Trim

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I need a source to get replacement tank frame/trim. Anyone know of place that I can buy lengths of the thick plastic type used on larger aquariums?

I also need a bottom and top rim for a 55.

ronw007

Breeder
Apr 17, 2007
Woodridge, Illinois
Real Name
Ron
If you know who manufactured the tank I would try there first. I know when I needed a new top trim peice for my 55 gallon I ordered direct from Perfecto Manufacturing. I think it cost me about 25 dollars which included shipping. You should be able to find info on the web as far as who to call to order it, not sure if you can order it online.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Agreed, but I'd try ordering the frame from All Glass. The center brace in the 55 Perfecto tanks sits flush with the frame (thus making the 4 foot Versa Top wobbly and awkward), and the brace is wider than the AGA brace (which renders 2 x 24" Versa Tops useless). Since the dimensions are the same I assume it would fit.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
But Pete, my point is that they all should have the same dimensions if it is a standard 55... is that not the case? I know that Perfecto uses thinner glass than AGA tanks because all the panes are tempered, whereas AGA only uses tempered glass for the bottom pane. Do you think that the small difference would really affect the way that the frame fits?

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
There's 3 different grades of glass, 1, 2 and 3 that are used in making aquariums that I know of. Oceanic uses the thinnest, strongest I believe grade 1. Ocean View uses grade 2, and a local aquarium manufacturer Domino Supply used grade 3 which is the "softest" and thickest and thus heaviest. My 225 was from domino and it was heavy as hell.

I don't know if the difference in glass grade would make a difference since it is siliconed/glued on. I'll just have to measure and ask them what the tolerances are.

avenger21

AC Members
Jul 13, 2013
i know this thread is really old but this showed up in google when i was looking for a replacement frame for my 55 gallon. I thought i would help other people who may be having a hard time finding a frame online

i purchased my frame at http://www.aquariumframeswholesale.com/

Just fill out their contact form and they will send you a shipping quote.

dwilliams309

Registered Member
Oct 7, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Real Name
Dana
I am trying to locate a bottom frame that is 24" x 36", but this website states they don't have this size. When I go to the custom sizes, it says they are for retail sales only. Do you know of anyone else who has these frames. Evidently 24 x 36 is an odd size, as I haven't been able to locate this size so far. Thanks in advance.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
(In before the 'check how old a post is before posting naysayers)

Don't limit your search to a bottom frame unless there is no top frame... generally they are exactly the same.

Deep Blue Professioanal make a 36"x24" aquarium, it's their 45W frag aquarium. - http://www.deepblueprofessional.com/frag.html

this might work for your needs, but best measure to be sure. their might be slight differences for glass thickness and that sort of thing.

HTH

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store