Kribensis Breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
I bought 5 kribensis and now I have a breeding pair that just laid 50 eggs for their first bunch. Later I met up with a friend and he showed me his kribnsis and said he would sell them to me. So I was wondering If I took my breeding pair and bought his breeding pair of Kribensis and put all four of them in a Regular size 29gallon would they get along and still breed or not.

Thanks

FishNMusic

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Visit site
Forgot to add a thing

I took out the other three kribensis because the the mated couple are really beating them up so I took them Out And I was thinking of adding Some Neon tetras to the tank also.

Thanks

Tim Bo

Does fuzzy logic tickle?
Apr 11, 1999
Copenhagen, Denmark
hjem.get2net.dk
I would not recommend putting in two pairs of Kribs in your 29 gallon. IME with kribs (and I've had a lot of interesting ones!) you will be seeing a lot of aggression. Neon tetras are 50-50%. I've had success with a school of 8-10 in your sized tank with one pair of Kribs though this tank was heavily planted with lots and lots of hiding spaces and broken fields of vision. Maturing Kribs have a better chance of getting 'used' to their companions. If they are mature parents with lots of loving experience you will end up seeing neons school more tightly than ever..

Tim Bo

Does fuzzy logic tickle?
Apr 11, 1999
Copenhagen, Denmark
hjem.get2net.dk
Experiences, tank decor, and the fish itself can make the difference, but I would suggest atleast double the size. I have had success with a 65 gallon with two pairs of Kribs which was divided up by barriers of plants and rock structures. A tank like this will also allow for some surface dwellers - I had two butterflies that had great fun up top. If anything, start out with one pair and then see how things go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store