Fire Bellied Toad Requirements...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jmerk

Fish geek
Apr 17, 2007
Cache Valley, Ut
Hi,
I am really new at all this but I want to get some fire bellied toads. I need to know pretty much everything like Humidity, lighting, land/water ratio, substrate, best way to separate water from land, filtration, feeding, and decor. I want to get some bamboo for the water but on land I need to know what they do bes with. Anyway, if you could get back to me, I would sure appreciate it. I am planning on getting 2-3 toads in a 20 Long. If I can get more, let me know... The same goes for if I need to get fewer.

Thanks
Jmerk

Jmerk

Fish geek
Apr 17, 2007
Cache Valley, Ut
I forgot to ask, For the filter, can I use a turtle filter?
I'm going to get specifications sometime this week I hope.

Jmerk

Fish geek
Apr 17, 2007
Cache Valley, Ut
I think that instead of a 20 Long, I'll do a 20 Tall with 3 toads. I did some research and got the requirements. There's just one more thing...
I need to know the best way to separate the water from the land. The water will only be 2-3 inches deep so it needs to be small.
One more thing...
I am feeling really dumb for asking this but, I need to know the dimensions for the 20 TALL.

Thanks
Jmerk

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL

Jmerk

Fish geek
Apr 17, 2007
Cache Valley, Ut
Ok. Thanks legendaryfrog. Well, I think that I will get bed-a-beast. Just one question... Can it be ok in water? If not, I'm still looking for a way to separate the land from water. But, I guess I can do this... Get some aquarium gravel, make a high spot that is above the water by about an inch, on top of the gravel, I can put some bed-a-beast there. Let me know if this would work. I'm still wanting a good solution for separating the water from land.

Jmerk

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
That could work, but im curious on why your using the bed a beast? Are you using live plants? If your not using live plants I wouldnt use the stuff. I just dont like it, its a mess and spoils the water and personally I dont think they like to be covered in the stuff because they head to the water and get clean again, leaving it all in the water, and it can clog up the filter. I would just get rocks they sell at petsmart for the land part. Its clean, EASY TO CLEAN and wont bug the filter and my toads get on land more with them then they did with bed a beast.
Heres my old 20 gallon with the rocks. And it shows the divider I use, its more than 3 inches though.

Jmerk

Fish geek
Apr 17, 2007
Cache Valley, Ut
Ok. I think that I will just do this:
Get 25 lbs of LARGE gravel, have NO deivider and have one end of the rocks higher than the water level. in the water I will have the same gravel, just a small layer or it. I'm getting some logs but I want plants too. Can I get some little bamboo for the water part? All I would do is just kinda plant it there. What kind of plants do you suggest for the "land" part firebelly_girl? BTW, NO BED_A_BEAST for me...

Thanks
Jmerk

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Yes thats fine =) I was going to do that, but I found the divider and was like..hmm why not. Ive seen tanks with bamboo in the water part, not sure how good it did though. And for the plants..im not a real plant person, I tend to just go in the isle and grab a few fake ones =) Can live plants live in just gravel, without the bedabeast though?

Jmerk

Fish geek
Apr 17, 2007
Cache Valley, Ut
Ok. I will get a bamboo for the water part. I also think that I will just get some fake plants too for the land and maybe some for the water too. I'm getting like 3 logs too.

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
Yeah youll deff want at least one fake plant to set in the water. They like to just hold on the them and rest on top of them and chill ;P

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store