inverted angel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tyler

safety...
Nov 28, 2002
Fargo, ND
www.angelfire.com
my friend's 55 recently got hit hard with ich. on top of that, he has some fish incompatability. one of his fish (not too sure which) ripped apart the fins of one of his small angels. the angel is now in rough shape. being the compasionate soul that i am, i took the fallen angel and placed him in my empty 5 gallon to see if he would recover. also, we gave him a salt dip in hopes to treat the ich. before we moved him, all he did was lay on the bottom of his tank, and now, in my tank, he's completely uspide down, but still alive. is there anything that can be done, or would euthenasia be our best choice?

thank you.

Kit Walker

AC Members
Jun 9, 2002
Australia
Visit site
I agree with wetman, it is usually close to the end. I'd go for euthanasia at that point. Obviously the swim bladder is affected, which often indicates that internal virus or infection has gotten a hold.

ewok

Senile Member
Jun 11, 2002
new haven ct.
i haven't had the heart to do it myself yet, i usually let nature take its course and waste money treating them. maybe something anti-bacterial.......

good luck either way, i would suspect the end is pretty close.

Mr.Jingles

It's Aqua Live!
Aug 26, 2000
MI, USA
what you should do is take a wedge shaped knife and cut off his head real quick so it doesnt feel anything. then you should mount his head on a tiny piece of wood.

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
That's a bit cannibalistic don't you think Mr. Jingles??? That would be even harder than flushing a dying fish!!! I wouldn't have the heart to pull out a live fish that I adored and chop its head off!! That is totally immoral!!!! Tisk tisk tisk!

Turbo

Im going crazy
Dec 1, 2002
Minnesota, USA
Visit site
Fish mounting

Umm....I think you have some built up anger or you need a new hobby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store